Saturday, September 4, 2010

How I Began

I began by following the diet by Donia, a lady whose website has helped me.
I wanted to do EXACTLY what she did in order to get the same result.
I was yet to buy the right juicer, but it was a start....
I had to eat a bit more than her, but that was ok, we live in different bodies.

I had NO MORE breads, cheese, milk, soy, any lecithin (which they put everywhere), wheat, meat, sugar, chocolate, processed foods, cereal, beans (except lima beans), bad oils, margarine, etc... I could have some salmon once a week or goat cheese if I had to. I had to find manna bread which is made of sprouted rye (not wheat) and it was yummy, like a cake!
My husband was making funny faces because I started cooking! I am not a cooking type - my previous label I used to wear - well, no more! I do cook now!

My stomach was very sensitive as it was too acidic. My breakfast became fruit smoothies. Changing breakfast was a bit strange but I must add that after a week or so, when my body became more alkaline it felt amazing and it remains my favorite way to begin a day! I feel light yet full.

During my grocery shopping I had to remember to buy really large amounts of fruits and veggies. I would eat 3-4 bananas a day, 2-3 apples, and other fruit such as grapes, pears, pineapple, etcI had to learn to eat more vegetables than fruit. Juicer is a perfect solution for this goal!


So my eating system was like that :
BREAKFAST - Fruit smoothie (banana, apple (those two are a must) and pear or peach or what you want). I like to add 2 spoons of cold pressed coconut oil.
LUNCH - steamed or sauteed veggies, with salmon or brown rice. Lightly steamed veggies are alkaline, but rice and salmon are not, so I would have one or the other, not both together.
I ate salmon or goat cheese once a week for a couple of months, then I gave up animal products all together. That was my choice, it does not have to be yours as well. 
LUNCH 2 -large salad with avocado
DINNER - a green juice would be ideal.
I had salads for dinner until I got a juicer. My salads contained (with kale and chard and spinach for greens) with raw carrot, celery, avocado, steamed string beans (I like that) and sometimes baked potatoes. My dinner was by 8pm.
If I was hungry later I would have something easy to digest, something natural and moist, like apple+carrot mesh, or banana+apple mesh, or dates, or cucumber salad, etc


During this time, my first 2 months I did not see any improvement on my hands. My only consolation was that Donia saw her first results after 3 months (do read her amazing story!). I was reading her words every time I was dying to rub the bones off my hands! (so to speak)
Each body performs cleansing in its own way and time.
For mine it took 3 months to see improvements on my hands and in the 4th month eczema was gone! :-)  My hair and nails looked stronger and shinier, I felt better too!


3 comments:

  1. Hi. Thanks for sharing your journey towards health. Did u stop using steroids right from the start of your journey or did you slowly taper off usage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I love your information about Eczema. My face is always dry and sticky. After using Eczema, my face is moisture and luminous. Thank u Eczema. baby eczema

    ReplyDelete
  3. your tips are very useful. thanks for posting.
    skin doctor

    ReplyDelete